Who is it for?
Telecare is particularly helpful for the following groups of people:
- Immobile / unsteady on their feet
- Young and older people
- Returning home from hospital
- Victim of domestic violence
- Living alone with memory problems
- Monitoring children
- Suffering short-term or long-term illness
- Heart disease
- Learning disability
- Physical disability
- Sensory problems
Peter Savage has a history of strokes, and his wife Lee lives with a physical disability. In 2013 he returned home from hospital after a 14 week stay. He had collapsed at home after being paralysed by myelitis and spent three weeks in a semi-coma, followed by 11 weeks learning to walk again. Having a telecare alarm saved Peter’s life; listen to his story here.