If you are a homeowner you are responsible for repairs to the inside of your home but you should contact your housing association for repairs to the shared or communal areas inside and outside your property.

If you are a tenant your housing association will carry out most repairs on your home. Some repairs are the tenant’s responsibility, such as blocked sinks, damaged internal doors, blown light bulbs, accidental damage and decoration.

If you are a homeowner living in a new property that is still under a defects period and require a repair, you should contact your housing association, and they will assess whether it is appropriate to arrange for the defects contractor to attend and make arrangements.

Click on your housing association for details of how to request a repair: