Our customers' stories
- Gloria’s life was literally held in the balance when she pressed her personal alarm - a simple action that saved her life.
- Our telecare alarm unit proved to be a real lifeline when Dawn stumbled and fell.
- Tony Riordan on using our Everon Vega emergency support and GPS locator - "It allows me to live how I did before my stroke".
- Elizabeth uses the Everon Vega emergency support and GPS locator to help manage living with an unusual form of dementia - "It can be really difficult for relatives who have a family member living with dementia".
Peter Savage has a history of strokes, and his wife Lee lives with a physical disability. In 2013 he returned home from hospital after a 14 week stay. He had collapsed at home after being paralysed by myelitis and spent three weeks in a semi-coma, followed by 11 weeks learning to walk again. Having a telecare alarm saved Peter’s life; listen to his story here.
In a typical month we:
- called a doctor or district nurse to attend 517 times
- called the emergency services to attend 1,576 times
- arranged for assistance for 875 clients who have fallen and
- offered friendly reassurance to 4809 vulnerable people.