What is our outreach service?
|We provide a free, community support service to anyone over the age of 65 living in Fenland. The service aims to help people live more independently and maintain their accommodation.
This service is provided on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council.
The service is short term service to assist you with specific needs. It is designed to be available as and when you need it. However, you are free to re-apply for the service if you need help again.
Fenland residents outside their home
Richard and Anna Belton contacted Centra about our outreach service after a friend told them about it. Following Richard's retirement, he and Anna found the transition difficult to manage.
What to expect from our drop in sessions
Our free drop in sessions will give you the opportunity to find out more about the types of support we offer. You'll be able to chat to our friendly staff and make an application to receive the right support you need, as well as take away some useful advice on the day.
We can support you to achieve the following outcomes;
- Increase your independence at home and and access a range of community services
- Maintain your accommodation, avoid eviction and help you to make decisions about your future housing needs
- Better manage your physical and mental health, especially after returning home form a hospital stay
- Get information on technology that can support you at home, such as a 24 hour personal alarm service, falls prevention aids or minor home adaptations for safety or security
- Support you to fill out forms or read and respond to letters
- Access money advice and help reduce debt, making sure you receive all the money you are entitled to
- Access leisure, faith or informal learning opportunities
- Access social/cultural activities
- Have opportunities to be involved
- Maintain positive family, social and community networks
- Ensure health and safety in your home, putting you in contact with agencies to assist with domestic/practical chores
- Housing related support with direct links into Extra Care Schemes in Fenland
We accept self referrals and referrals from other agencies including Housing, Health, and Social Services. You can also be referred by your friends and family*.To be eligible to receive this service, you must:
- Be aged 65 or over
- Be living in Fenland
- Be willing to engage in a needs assessment
- Be willing to engage with a support plan following your assessment
*The person making the referral does not have to be living in Fenland. It is only the person receiving the support who is required to be living in Fenland.
Request a call back
If you would like to discuss the outreach service with a member of our team, please fill out the form below.